Last week, I was having some issues, like my tires disappearing. I got rid of the issue of the left tire disappearing: it was the motion blur. By rendering without motion blur, my tires are back in place <3
I also got some cleaner renders, with the diffuse samples. I had to be careful because the render time was already a little high, so I ended up using some denoise, degrain, and median nodes on a couple of AOV's: Diffuse indirect, Specular direct (only for the door), and Specular indirect.
My third major problem was also solved: I was having a problem where the car looked like it was floating, not touching the tunnel's ground. In the maya file, it is, but I am not sure if it was the reflections or an illusion or what. I ended up fixing it in comp with a lot of rotos :D I added a constant and created rotos to fake the tire:
The color matching was also fixed! I used a frame from shot 3 to color correct the car, so the paint matches. I also fixed the color of the portal light, and added chromatic aberration and it looks AMAZING!
Here's my nuke script:
The final product:
Things I learned from this experience:
- teamwork and collaboration
- pipeline is super important!
- blogging my progress, issues, accomplishments
- time management
- never take feedback personal
- juniors can work with seniors too! just a little bit of adjustment to their pace
- I understand now full CG compositing; I only knew live action and CG integration
- look development
- I made some friends :) and connections in the industry!
- sleep. is. important.